2 Day Internal Auditor AS9100 Rev D TrainingView Events Calendar
By the end of this 2-day practical course participants will be able to plan, perform and report the results of internal and supplier audits based on the AS9100:2016 series of standards using a ‘process-based approach’ - in the same way as the Certification Bodies.
Yes - we’ve updated and extended the course to address the new high-level structure of ISO 9001:2015 and the stringent requirements of the AS9100:2016 series of standards.
The course will empower participants to audit against the requirements of AS9100:2016 series, customer and regulatory QMS requirements. and their organization’s own procedures. In addition, they will learn how to assess the ‘active’ management of customer satisfaction, QMS performance and process-level effectiveness (PEARs) - and how to audit the organization's Leadership!
The AS9100:2016 Rev D Internal Auditor Training course is applicable to AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120 standards.
Assessment of learning is achieved through structured exercises, real-world audit scenarios and an aerospace Case Study. Students undertake 'face-to-face' individual audit exercises with the tutor(s) in addition to team assignments. The tutors provide feedback and advisement to ensure that best-practice is fully understood in the context of the aerospace/defence industry.
- The process-based quality management system –
the P-D-C-A structure and content of AS9100
- Quality management system auditing
- Understanding the organization and its context
- Understanding risk-based thinking
- Reviewing QMS documentation
- Understanding the QMS scope and ‘not applicable’ requirements
- Preparing the audit plan
- Preparing work documents – 1
- Preparing work documents – 2
- Preparing work documents – 3
- The ‘evidence-based approach’ to auditing –
- determining conformity and nonconformity
- Conducting the audit activities –
- the opening meeting
- Writing effective NCRs (nonconformity reports)
- Auditing quality policy and quality objectives
- Auditing and scoring process effectiveness
- Case Study – team ‘mock audit’ of top management
- Case Study – individual ‘mock audit’ of operation processes
- Case study – NCRs and audit conclusions
- Case study – conducting the closing meeting
- Preparing and presenting the audit report
- Conducting audit follow-up
Attendance on this course will provide delegates with CPD points.