The EFQM Model
The strategic nature of the EFQM Model, combined with its focus on
operational performance and a results orientation, makes it the ideal
framework for assessing where you are in relation to where you want to
be. It is based on the simple but powerful logic of asking three
questions, Why, How and What.
- Why does the organisation exist?
- How does it intend to deliver on its purpose and its Strategy?
- What has it actually achieved to date and What does it intend to achieve.
For more information on the Model, click here.
Regardless of the size of the organisation or whether it is public, private or third sector, the guiding principles that underpin the EFQM Model are as follows;
- Recognising the importance of the customer.
- Taking a long-term stakeholder view, understanding the cause and effect linkages between why an organisation does something, how it does it and what it achieves as a consequence of its actions.
- The Model also reflects the key principles of the European Social Charter and the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
EFQM Recognition is internationally valued, providing organisations with
clear, objective feedback on performance across their business
operations. Various levels of recognition are available with the EFQM
Global Excellence Award being the ultimate competition for recognising
outstanding organisations, In essence, this is ‘Champions League’ level
with the process involving a very rigorous assessment process, conducted
by a team of experienced EFQM Assessors who, collectively, have
experience in different sectors and come from different cultural and
national backgrounds. Recent winners of the award include Bosch, BMW,
Dubai Customs and Slieve Russell Hotel, illustrating the international
nature of the awards.
To learn more about the EFQM Model and how the process would be applied to your organisation, please contact us.