Who we are & What we do
Smart Grid Ireland (SGI) is an independent, industry led, networking cluster
influencing government and regulation, promoting good corporate
citizenship and actively driving technology solutions that accelerate
the cultural and societal changes needed to achieve a digitalized,
decentralized and decarbonised electricity network and improve the
Island of Ireland’s international competitiveness. Click here for more information on SGI.
SGI has five Guiding Principles;
- All Ireland representation on Smart Grid Development
- Transformational engagement with utilities operators, regulators and both governments
- Supporting the EU directive on Energy Security & Sustainability
- Development of a long term stakeholder view of the system in transition, and
- Identifying potential for Demonstration Project Opportunities
Current Focus Areas
- Developing Clusters of Industrial energy users and suppliers to address users' needs and potential solutions
- Assisting Local Government Organisations (Members) in developing sustainable energy strategies
- Direct engagement with Energy Policy Makers through attendance at Network meetings, consultation and sharing of benchmark information from SGI international sources
Become a Member
Board Member - £10K (€11K) annual fee (Maximum 15 Members)
VALUE PROPOSITION - Leadership Role and Strategic Direction of SGI Executive
General Member - £5K (€6K) annual fee (no registration limit)
VALUE PROPOSITION - Bi-monthly round table update meetings, opportunities to engage or partner with other SGI members / commercial activities. Bi-monthly newsletters, member’s only website information resources.
SME Member - £2.5K (€3K) annual fee (no registration limit)
VALUE PROPOSITION - Bi-monthly newsletters, member’s only website information resources, quarterly Information sessions on projects and opportunity to partner in providing solutions.
Download our membership flyer here
For more information on Smart Grid Ireland and becoming a member, please contact us.